I am so excited to share my appearance on the Secret Library Podcast, in conversation with the always amazing Caroline Donahue! She created the Secret Library Podcast (available here on iTunes) because, “Most people believe that books are created in cabins all alone, where authors pound away on some manner of keyboard. Then they hand this masterpiece off to a publisher and it feels very much like it goes down a tube and comes out the other side as a book. By speaking to authors and other book lovers, I’m diving into the mystery that is the book world today.”
We spent an hour chatting about the Stunt Writing process and my experiences teaching writing as a therapeutic modality – or in layperson’s terms, “a way of keeping your mind in balance and a healthy perspective on your life.”
Covered in the podcast are some of these topics:
- The different kinds of stunts people choose.
- Some of the wackiest and most poignant stunts.
- Where the idea of Stunt Writing came from.
- How the method translates into a writing practice.
- What it is like teaching online to an international audience.
- The differences between teaching fiction vs. writing from personal experience.
Links for more information about Stunt Writing:
- Purchase the Stunt Writing 101 ebook
- What is, and what IS NOT a Stunt, a quick “Field Guide”
- Sample Stunt Writing: The Mind/ Body Connection Series and Stunt Writing from the Gun Club
- Reviews from Students of the Stunt Writing Process
If you have any questions about Stunt Writing or are interested in our classes, sign up for the Write On! Newsletter for news and class updates, and you will also receive the Spark & Flow Creativity ebook for free!